agricultural experiment stations
Found in: Departments / Offices / Units
The research program of the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is carried out in the agricultural experiment stations. The generic term is lower case but the individual stations are capped.
There are three major stations: College Experiment Station in Athens, Georgia Experiment Station in Griffin, and Coastal Plain Experiment Station in Tifton.
There are also 10 research and education centers (formerly called branch stations):
- Attapulgus Research Farm (Attapulgus)
- Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens at the Historic Bamboo Farm (Savannah)
- Blueberry and Vegetables Processing Lab
- C.M. Stripling Irrigation Research Park (Mitchell County)
- Central Research and Education Center (Eatonton)
- Mountain Research and Education Center (Blairsville)
- Northwest Research and Education Center (Calhoun)
- Southeast Research and Education Center (Midville)
- Southwest Research and Education Center (Plains)
- Vidalia Onion and Vegetable Research and Education Farm